Quick – what's the easiest way to find the pro-choice candidates on your ballot?
NARAL Pro-Choice America's 2010 Voter Guide, of course.
Whether you're a political junkie or a first-time voter, our Voter Guide is for you.
Jerin, NARAL Pro-Choice America is no stranger to elections. We've been working on the ground year after year electing great pro-choice candidates. And we know the power of information in winning elections.
You know some of these mainstream voters we're trying to reach – maybe they're your friends, your coworkers, an old roommate, or your mom. We need to get the 2010 Voter Guide into their hands before Election Day – and you're just the person to share it with them. That's why I need YOU to:
- Forward our 2010 Voter Guide to everyone you know – your pro-choice friends, family members, neighbors, and co-workers. They'll forward it to their friends, too – and pretty soon, your community will have the valuable information about voting pro-choice that it needs.
- Get our Voter Guide on the go! We've taken our handy guide and put it on your phone. Just text VOTE to 49609 and learn more about your candidate's position on choice. Save 49609 on your phone, too. That way, you can easily get information on candidates, no matter where you are.
- Share our 2010 Voter Guide on Facebook and Twitter.
Many voters don't always realize how critical some of these races are. But we do – that's why we need to tell voters about:
- Rep. Betsy Markey (CO-04), the first pro-choice representative in that district in decades. She's running neck-and-neck against Cory Gardner, who sponsored a bill that would have banned abortion in Colorado in almost all cases!
- New Hampshire's Ann McLane Kuster, who is running for an open seat formerly held by pro-choice Rep. Paul Hodes (who is now running for Senate). We can't lose ground on this one – especially since her opponent, former Rep. Charlie Bass, cast anti-choice votes while serving in Congress.
- Mike Fitzpatrick – he's trying to win back his seat from pro-choice champion Rep. Patrick Murphy (PA-08). But after all the dangerous, anti-choice votes Fitzpatrick cast in Congress, you and I know that Patrick Murphy is the person we want in that seat.
We can elect these pro-choice champions – and many others – if we put this information in the hands of voters across the country. So check out our Voter Guide – and remember to spread the word.
Thanks for all you do.
President, NARAL Pro-Choice America